Thursday, September 30, 2021

Cute Pumpkins and Weird Gourds

October begins tomorrow, and that means it's time for me to start hiding pumpkins around the house each night!


The last time I was at Trader Joe's, I picked up a bunch of cute little pumpkins for the kids to choose from.  Anna and Todd happily selected cute pumpkins . . . 


. . . but Joy and Daniel requested that I get them some warty, green gourds instead.  Note to self when I buy little pumpkins next year: Todd likes stripy ones, Anna likes white ones, Joy and Daniel like the weirdest green gourds I can find.


After the kids went to bed this evening, I hid a pumpkin here . . .


. . . and a gourd there . . .


. . . until all of them were hiding in plain sight somewhere on the main floor.


And just in case I forget to hide them one evening, I dusted off Joy's note from a couple years ago, and hung it up to remind me when I turn the lights off at bedtime.  Thanks, Joy. :)

No comments: