Friday, September 24, 2021

Don't Eat the Little Tables

We've gotten a ton of rain lately . . . 


. . . and I've noticed some big mushrooms popping up under our pine tree . . .


. . . then turning into big, funny-looking, white tables.  I wondered if they might be edible, so I looked them up and learned that they belong to a mushroom family called . . .


. . . destroying angels! The most toxic kinds of mushrooms on earth!  It sounds almost apocalyptic to say that there are a bunch of destroying angels out in our yard.  I considered removing them, but then I remembered that hydrangeas and rhododendrons are poisonous too, and nobody digs them up.


And speaking things that are more dangerous than they look, check out this sign I saw when I went for a pleasant walk in the woods . . . near a military base.

No comments: