Friday, October 11, 2019

It's Pumpkin Time!

A month ago, I arrived at Trader Joe's and saw this:


Back in Southern California, where it didn't feel like fall until sometime in November or December, I resisted the temptation to buy anything pumpkin related until around September 22, when the calendar said it was officially autumn (even though it was still about 80 degrees and all the leaves were still green).  Here in Massachusetts though, it actually FEELS like autumn in early September, when all the pumpkin stuff starts appearing.  So I caved in and bought a bunch of little decorative pumpkins that day.  And then I hid them until October, because I'm still kind of weird like that.


Now that October is here (and I'm back from my California trip), I got out the little pumpkins on Monday and let each of the kids choose one to find every morning.  Here are two cute little kids with their cute little pumpkins.


And here are two zombie kids with their zombie pumpkins . . .


. . . which their mother will hide in fruit bowls . . . 


. . . and next to clocks, and in dozens of other places around our house after their bedtime this month.


I actually forgot to hide them last night, and when I got up I found this note from Joy.  I stuck it on my bedroom closet to remind me in the future (and to give me a good laugh every time I go upstairs).

No comments: