Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Hiking on a Warm Winter Day

We're having a bit of a heat wave in Massachusetts this week.  After weeks of literally freezing weather, it has suddenly warmed up into the 60s the last couple of days.


Todd and I decided to celebrate by hiking one of the many trails that crisscross our town.


We trekked along a slushy trail through the picturesque, snowy woods . . .


. . . and crossed a footbridge with 111 boards (my math-loving son counted every single one of them).


On the way back to our van, Todd cheerfully announced two or three times that we must be totally lost, as if that would make for a grand adventure.


I used to think that Todd didn't like snow because he never wanted to go out and play in it.  As I watched him having a ball on this warm winter day, I realized his issue wasn't with the snow; he just didn't like being out in sub-freezing weather with a steep wind chill.


I'm with you kid.  I'll be sad to see this heat wave end tomorrow, but it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: