Saturday, October 28, 2017

Trunk or Treat with a Math Geek

It's Trunk or Treat time folks!


I had grand plans of getting my old Renaissance Faire costume out of moth balls and putting it on for the party, but I was so busy getting the kids ready that I only had time to grab a headband with some cat ears to put on my head.  Then we arrived and Todd decided he didn't like his doggy mask, so I gave him my ears and went as a mom instead.  Anna happily went as the Little Mermaid (thank you, Walmart).  Phillip wore his Jedi costume and rigged up a glue-stick-taped-to-a-laser-pointer light saber.


Daniel asked to be a bat, and I made his wings this afternoon.  Forgive me for being really proud of how they turned out, but I have little skill when it comes to sewing, so I'm kind of amazed that they look as good as they do.


Joy, of course, wanted to make her own unique costume.  She tried to construct a Creeper costume out of cardboard today, but that didn't work out so she tried making a Minecraft helmet and a cardboard mine cart to ride in.  Those didn't really work out either, so after ditching her helmet at the party she spent the rest of the evening as a quirky math geek (i.e. her usual self).  By the way, the math geek won that jar of candy corn by guessing (almost) how many candies were inside.  There were 352, and Brother Yarn guessed 358, but Joy guessed 357.5.


Time to trunk or treat . . .


. . . and admire our friends' costumes. :)

No comments: