Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Wall

We try to do a fun family outing or project every Saturday after chores.  I'll be honest, sometimes our fun activity is just relaxing around the house together, but today we tried something  more adventurous:


The YMCA's two-story climbing wall.


Remember that scene in "Frozen" when Princess Anna tries to climb a cliff and runs out of steam about four feet up?  That's about how things played out with our Anna today.  And Daniel.  And me, the first time I tried it.  Hauling your body weight up a wall is a lot harder than it looks.


I actually made it two-thirds of the way up on my second attempt, and Phillip managed about the same.


Joy was the only one who made it to the top.  I think she owes her success to determination and lots of tree climbing over the past few months.

No comments: