Thursday, October 5, 2017

Melted Art At Home

The first week I taught Joy School, the lesson plan called for me to grate some crayons and let the kids arrange them on folded paper that I would then iron to create colorful pictures (or Rorschach tests).


There were plenty of shavings left over, so I kept them for Phillip and the kids to experiment with a few days later.


It's funny how a simple technique can produce such varied results.


Of course, Engineer Daddy wanted to create something very specific when it was his turn: he made symbols for "Love At Home."


Today I finally got around to hanging up some of our artwork.  I arranged a print by each family member (plus an extra one from Anna) on a big blank wall in our stairwell.  It's always fun to come around the bend and see colorful artwork our family created.


I also hung one of Daniel's prints over his bed, along with a mosaic he made the day he joined our Joy School class, and a mandala I randomly drew him one day. :)

No comments: