Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Old Mill and Some Juicy Cereal

Last week, Todd and I explored . . .


. . . an old spinning mill that has been converted into a commercial center.


Buildings that used to house lots of spinning and carding machines are now home to antique malls, restaurants, and even a yoga studio.


Apparently we were there during a non-peak hour/season, because the only other living thing we saw in the courtyard was this sparrow.  I hear the place is fun and festive at Christmastime, though.


In other news, one of the women I visit teach gave us a bunch of books her grown-up kids no longer read.  The box included some classic picture books like Go Dog, Go! and Ten Apples Up on Top.  It is fun to see my kids enjoying books I remember reading as a child.


In other random news, this morning Daniel asked me to put apple juice on his cereal instead of milk.  He swears it was good.  I'll take his word for it.

No comments: