Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmastime is Here

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

At our ward Christmas party yesterday we were treated to a French horn quartet (you can see Daniel in front of the stage, listening with rapt attention), . . .

. . . and the kids posed for a picture with some guy in a red suit. It's funny--I can't quite bring myself to tell my kids that some bearded guy flies around in a sleigh and leaves presents under everyone's trees, but I still feel compelled to have them annually photographed with a red-suited stranger handing out candy. Humans are not rational creatures.

This afternoon we checked out the Southern California equivalent of snow drifts (a.k.a. lots of palm fronds blown down in the big wind storm a few days ago) . . .

. . . before heading to my grandma's house to watch the First Presidency Devotional. We had a lovely time, but this was the only good picture I caught from it. Awww . . . aren't they cute?

No comments: