Friday, April 1, 2011

Summer in Springtime

We're barely a week into spring, but it felt like summer today. Mother Nature apparently got bored with mild cool weather, and dished up a whopping 91 degree scorcher today.

Joy happily splashed around in our apartment pool . . .

. . . while her mother gingerly dipped her toes in the chilly water (we may have forgotten, but the pool remembers it was still winter last week).

Meanwhile, this strawberry plant is going gangbusters in its new pot. I guess it's glad I moved it out of the shade. I suspect it will produce twelve berries the size of marbles, but who knows? It could surprise me and produce its very own pint of big berries.

Joy suggested that we go to Menchie's for dessert tonight, and we all agreed that was a fine way to wrap up a warm day.

(P.S. Dear Phillip, Thanks for humoring me and smiling every time I pull out the camera. Love, Kimberly)

No comments: