Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Dirt on Daisies

Spring is fast approaching, and I'm looking forward to doing some serious gardening soon. Apparently gardens are on the kids' minds, too.

Tonight Daniel decided Joy's daisy headband would make a great accessory while he was cruising on her scooter. Apparently coolness is equal parts outfit and attitude.

For our home evening lesson on faith, I presented Joy with a pot of dirt and told her to take a bite of it. I was pleasantly surprised when she dug right in. When she discovered that the "dirt" was crushed Oreos, she shoveled in several more bites as well. In case you're wondering, the greenery is Italian parsley.

Lastly, a friend recently gave us some games her grandkids have grown out of. Joy's favorite item among the new treasures is a flannel board. She informed me that the montage pictured above is an angel's garden (the "angel" is the little pixie with pink hair).

2 comments:

Being Breta said...

I still have my little flannel board cut outs from when I was a child! Remembering playing with that is one of my happiest childhood memories! Joy must have a little bit of a right brain in her head! Enjoy, Joy!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I think she has quite a lot, actually. She really enjoys art.