Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stop the Carousel!

Phillip's siblings are in town this week, and Mom H planned some fun activities for us to do together.

We started off with a visit to the Magic Kingdom. I know the kids look decidedly underwhelmed in this picture, but they really did have a good time. Daniel would have enjoyed it even more if his hat hadn't kept slipping down over his eyes.

At Joy's request, our first stop was the merry-go-round. Note that Daniel is strapped securely in front of me. At first I was just holding him, but they stopped the carousel half-way through the ride to inform me that I had to strap him in. How embarrasking.

And of course, Daniel's hat was down again.

We next rode Pinocchio's Daring Journey, then made our way over to the Dumbo ride. Laura and I let Joy take the controls, and she switched between up&down&up&down so fast that I thought the lever might come off. When the ride ended I was glad to be on solid ground again.

Three rides was all we got in before the kids got tired. Fortunately a friend had signed us in for free, so we still felt like we got our money's worth. :) We headed to Pink Grandma's house so the kids could nap . . .

. . . then play with Grandma . . .

. . . and have some cousin bonding time.

3 comments:

Risa West said...

so much fun! the carousel is one of my all time favorites. i don't know why. i tell my husband that when our daughter is older and we visit my parents for christmas, they live in AZ, we should take a road trip out to disneyland because i think it's even better around the holidays

nathan n rachel said...

I LOVE D!

Serena said...

How cute, they look so much alike.