Friday, June 11, 2010

Shaven and Shorn

Joy and Daniel both received their first haircuts today (unless you count the time Joy singed a lock with a candle and I snipped off the sizzled end).

I loved Daniel's full head of hair, but lately he's been moving steadily into mullet territory.

Today he was squarely in "deer in the headlights" territory. I'll spare you the subsequent picture of him crying. ("Mom! What IS that loud noise behind my head!?!?")

I really like Daniel's new look, except for the fact that it makes him look nearly a year older to me. It reminds me how fast he's growing up. Sigh.

Joy's flowing mane was an accurate reflection of her free-spirited personality, but it's gotten a bit unruly of late and I decided to try something a little shorter.

Joy endured her haircut much more happily than her brother did because we turned on her current favorite movie: Monsters, Inc.

I love that her curls look pretty now, instead of just wild.

You're a cute little girl, Joy. Don't let it go to your head. :)

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

Wow...Joy's hair looks so cute. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yeah - I really like it. Wish I'd gotten it cut months ago.