Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Menchie's

Today's family home evening activity consisted of a trip to Menchie's.

Like Yogurtland, it is essentially a frozen yogurt buffet. You can fill your cup with any (or all!) of about a dozen flavors of frozen yogurt, in any amount and combination you like. Then you add the toppings of your choice (Oreos, sprinkles, fruit, etc.), and pay for your creation according to its weight.

I love that you can play around with different flavors, then enjoy eating what you've created. Anything that combines fun and food is a winner in my book. :)

This evening Phillip opted for Hawaiian Sorbet with gummi worms. He said it was good, but the candy hardened a bit as it chilled.

I chose mint and cookies & cream yogurts, with no toppings (I tend to take my yogurt straight). It was so good I couldn't restrain myself long enough to take a picture. :)

Joy was content to just eat a few samples. I don't think she realized she could fill a big cup if she wanted to. Should we tell her?

I don't know--she seems happy enough with the chalk board. :)

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

I'm so curious about why the flavor is called Hawaiian sorbet. Does it have lychee or lilikoi in it?

It seems like there's a yogurt movement afoot! Here, we have Yougurtland, Menchies, Tropical Rush, Orange Tree, Tutti Frutie, and a tangentially-related offshoot called Yougenfruz. I'm not quite sure why we need so many, but Orange Tree is pretty tasty!

I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I suspect it's just an exotic name for your standard "tropical punch" flavor, but I could be wrong.

I, too, am surprised at how many yogurt shops are popping up everywhere. I don't have a strong preference for yogurt over ice cream, or vice versa (though the yogurt probably is healthier), but I love the "buffet" concept.