Monday, June 15, 2009

Who Won the Hippies?

Here's the post you've all been waiting for: the translation of Joy's latest greatest phrases.

Free Hippies = Three Clippies

Hippie Cake = Clippie Cake

Joy likes to call her little plastic shapes "cakes," and fill them with "hippies," bouncy balls, bracelets, you name it.

Jew A = Juice Egg

Joy can say the names of most standard colors, but "orange" still eludes her. She compensates by calling orange things "juice" because they look like orange juice. Ironically, she calls orange juice "yellow juice." I know - it kind of makes sense, in an irrational sort of way.

Go Hee = Go Slow

When Joy says "hee" she usually means "little" (don't ask me why), but sometimes it can mean "slow" (or "little speed"). The other day when Joy urged me to go fast in the car, I told her we couldn't because we were on a slow street. With resignation in her voice, Joy said, "Go hee," as if to say, "Oh very well, go the speed limit if you must."

Red Geek = Red Bear is Stuck

And, last but not least, Dude = George, our George Foreman grill

I think Natalie came the closest to translating Joy's phrases, with Aunt Connie a close second. So Natalie, which prize would you prefer? Fame and glory, or free hippies? :)

4 comments:

Liesl said...

How cute! I wanted to participate in the contest, but I had absolutely no idea what those phrases could mean. So, I just waited for the answers...LOL!

nathan n rachel said...

Kim...You can understand all of that talk? WOW!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

It's kind of like living in a foreign country - it's easy to learn a new language when you're constantly exposed to it, whether it's Dutch, Spanish, or Toddler.

Natalie said...

I think I'll go for fame and glory. =)