Thursday, October 18, 2007

Playing With Our Food

It fell to us to host he play group in our humble abode yesterday. This time we were joined by newborn Landon Wallin, and . . .

. . . by Anna Burbank! Joy was elated to have another girl in attendance.

Everyone say, "I love peas!"

Since Jessica's birthday was a few days ago, we ended the play group early and headed to Souplantation to celebrate. I planned to offer Joy some Cheerios, but she had other ideas. While my back was turned, she leaned over (I always underestimate how far she can reach) and grabbed a big piece of broccoli off my plate. I was about to take it away when I realized, "Wait! My child is eating a cruciferous vegetable of her own accord! Why should I discourage this?" So Baby and Mama contentedly munched our broccoli together. No wonder Joy liked it - that broccoli salad with craisins is the best I've ever had. I actually went back for seconds.

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

That is so great that Joy is eating broccoli! Especially since it has such a strange texture. Hopefully she will keep it up. Broccoli and crazins? Really?

Janie said...

Wow - congrats on her actually liking broccoli! Keep that up - hopefully she won't ever think twice now...

Jill said...

Ryan LOVES broccoli. It is practically the only veggie he'll eat. that's great Joy likes it too!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Especially considering her mother wouldn't voluntarily eat it until college.

Serena said...

WHat I think is cool is how all of you fit on the futon. haha. It means you guys are in great shape.
Sofia loves broccoli also, and in anything. You missed out on broccoli till college? OH my! hahah

Kerri said...

The kids in the play group are so cute! We may have to join sometime when Tyler is at school (that is if you don't mind having a 22 lb, 13 month old in the group!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Kerri, Dylan is ALWAYS welcome. How could we say no to a cute face like that? :) The more the merrier, I say.