Friday, October 19, 2007

Chip Off the Old Bookshelves

I doubt Joy will learn much about sports or scrapbooking from her parents, but she'll definitely learn one thing:

"Books are Cool."

We've been reading to Joy about hungry caterpillars and pajama-clad hippos since she was brand new. At first she didn't seem to get much out of it, but these days she gets excited when we pull one of her favorites from the shelf. She even turns the pages when silence clues her in that we've finished the ones we're on.

I love books - they've entertained me and taught me so many good things over the years. I'm glad that our little girl is starting to take an interest in them, too.

Sigh - so many books, so little time.

7 comments:

Serena said...

My kids love books also. We alway's read two or more every night. If they are home and not in school, we read more. Christopher has read the Chronicles of Narnia, The Liminy Snicket series,(almost allof them),Hary Potter,and is reading the Spiderwick series now.

Christine said...

What a smart little girl!

holly said...

I love that picture of her looking up at all the books. It's great. Samantha got read to from birth as well...that was hard to keep up with subsequent children, which actually explains a lot...:)

Janie said...

That is so great that she loves books so much! McKay does as well. I agree with Holly - that pic of her looking up at the bookshelf is great. If I put the books away before McKay is ready, he definitely lets me know it. Joy sounds like she does the same. Have fun!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I hope we'll keep up the reading habit with subsequent kids. My big concern is finding books that will appeal to all the age levels.

I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Caitlin said...

You are giving your daughter a wonderful gift.

Nicole Shelby said...

DITTO!