Friday, September 21, 2007

The Power of Books and Beta Carotine

Do you know what this is a picture of?

It's a picture of Success. Victory. Triumph. Somebody's going to put this photo on a workplace poster with the word "PERSEVERANCE."

This is a picture of our baby holding an EMPTY jar of strained carrots. As I fed Joy the last bites of rice cereal and carrots I had served up, she kept opening her mouth with such enthusiasm that I got the jar out of our fridge and fed her the rest of it. It's the first jar of baby food she's finished before it expired and had to be disposed of.

HUZZAH!!!


In other news, I caught Joy raising herself up on her knees to get a better look at the contents of this top shelf. We Hendrickson girls will do just about anything for books.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

It's good to see her developing good traits.

Christine said...

It cracks me up how she always has her tongue sticking out.

Serena said...

Great job Joy! And Kimberly go out and get a new book for your awesome patience. Yeah!

Lizardbreath McGee said...

'Huzzah' indeed! Eating lots of food (even if it is strained carrots) and getting at books are two things I can totally get behind.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Amen. She's only 9 months old, and she's already turning into her mother.

I'd better hide my spinning wheel - I don't think she'll be ready for that for at least a few more weeks . . .

Risa West said...

i think her little teeth are too cute

Angela said...

I'm glad she likes her veggies!

Jodi Jean said...

HUZZAH!! aidan has yet to accomplish that feat. although we now know that he absolutely hates peas (i mean ... forcefully spit them back in my face ... with tolerate a few bites if i mix them with bananas)

yeah!!!