Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Autumnal Equinox

It's the first day of autumn, and there's a chill in the air. That's the signal for birds to head south, for stores to stock bags of Halloween candy, and for me to make pumpkin cookies.

These babies are basically little, freeform loaves of pumpkin bread, studded with butterscotch chips. Autumnal ambrosia, I tell you.

Joy wanted to take part in the seasonal festivities . . .


. . . and I figured, hey, these contain no peanuts, citrus, chocolate, honey, or any other baby no-no's that I'm aware of, so I went ahead and let her sample one.

She actually ate most of it, and said I should make several more batches of them this fall. At least, I think that's what she said. It's hard to understand her when she talks with her mouth full.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It seems that the baking bug got both of us. My cookies aren't particularly autumnal, but they are indulgent. One kind was a chocolate chocolate chip orange cookie...YUM! And the other kind is called a cowboy cookie (I have know idea why). It met the requirement of having chocolate chips, nuts and coconut in it so I tried it. The cowboy cookies at least have oats in them so I can pretend that they're good for me. Ha!

We just love home baked cookies here. I guess I figure with this baby coming any day now, it was time to stockpile. =)

Lisa said...

You need to post the recipe!

Angela said...

Mmm, I love pumpkin. Your treats sound delish!

CJ said...

Ooohhh... this reminds me that I need to bake something pumpkin before Halloween. My favorite is a moist pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, but these cookies look very good too. I agree with Lisa, if it's not a family secret, maybe you could post the recipe for the rest of us who are salivating over the picture. :)

I really like that last photo of Joy. Her outfit is cute, but also, she looks very grown up and very much like a little girl sitting there on her knees with her cookie.

Kerri said...

These look so good! Please print the recipe!

Phillip said...

Even if you couldn't understand Joy very well because she spoke with her mouth full, I came home and echoed her sentiments. So you know that both daddy and baby want you to make lots of cookies.

To everyone asking for the recipe: if Kimberly ends up posting it, you might be surprised at one of its ingredients. I sure was when I found out. But then maybe that's because I don't cook very often (shrug).

Jodi Jean said...

oooooh my goodnes joy is getting so big.

and those cookies look fantasitc, hmmm do i feel you posting a recipe soon?