Saturday, December 9, 2006

USC vs UCLA

Being a student at USC, I've never really been anti-UCLA (though Kimberly might disagree with me), but I do like to keep the traditional rivalry alive between the two schools. Thus, I was a little sad when USC lost to UCLA last week, even if I'm not a football fan & even if I think that USC had it coming to them (they haven't really been playing well all season).

Here are a couple of interesting facts that have helped encourage me to keep the rivalry alive:
  • When applying for undergraduate programs, I was accepted to both USC and UCLA. However, my sister, who was then currently at USC, told me that if I decided to go to UCLA, she would never talk to me again. I couldn't have that, so...
  • Every time that Kimberly and I used to sit down to watch a movie at home (which is not very often), if the movie had a blub about THX at the beginning, I would always comment that THX had been invented at USC. I think Kimberly got tired of hearing that, because she started beating me to the punch, and asking, "Is this the technology that was invented at UCLA?"
Anyhow, one last interesting comment: you'd think that, given my feelings about UCLA, I wouldn't have anything of theirs coming into my home. Imagine my surprise, then, when going through some documents I had saved, I found their acceptance letter to me! But then again, maybe that shouldn't be such a surprise: after all, I don't really have hard feelings toward them :).

No comments: