Friday, March 29, 2024

Shout Hosanna!

This week is Holy Week,
my favorite week of the year!


It's time to shout "Hosanna!" and eat kale
as we reenact Jesus's Triumphal Entry as the King of Kings.


Time to talk about the fruits of righteous living
(even when you're tired).


Time for Parable Pictionary . . .


. . . and our semi-authentic Passover feast to remind us 
that Jesus is our Deliverer.


Time to watch Bible videos,
and eat hot cross muffins on Good Friday
as we look forward to Easter Sunday.

(Why are there only eleven muffins?
I had to eat one to make sure they turned out OK.
It's a chef thing.) 

I love sharing these little traditions with my family,
and turning our hearts and minds a bit more toward the Savior.
I hope when the food and fun are just a memory,
we will all be a little more like Him,
and a little more determined to follow Him.

No comments: