Monday, December 25, 2023

Princesses, Dreidels, and Absurd Scientific Advice

One of my favorite things about Christmas morning . . .


. . . is seeing someone in my family get excited about a gift I gave them.


The kids also like our annual treasure hunt,
inspired by the ones my dad used to make up when I was kid.


This year's hunt led to a Christmas treat
and some of Todd's new Mario figurines (presided over by Joy's Bowser ornament).
I envisioned the hunt as an epic adventure
where the princesses save all the Mario figures Bowser had captured,
but I think the kids were so focused on finding the next clues
that they didn't pay much attention to the
script-flipping storyline.  Oh well.


After all of the gifts were opened,
Daniel relaxed on the couch with his new book
("How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems") . . .


. . . while the rest of the kids played the dreidel game.
I think Todd's winning.

No comments: