Sunday, December 3, 2023

A Hippo at the Concert

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here.


Our tree is decorated . . .


. . . the pianists in the family are playing beautiful carols . . .


. . . and we attended our town's multi-church Christmas concert last night.
The COVID-19 pandemic put a stop to these annual concerts for a few years,
and this was the first one we've been able to attend since 2019.
It feels good to gather and enjoy music together again.


At least, it felt good to me.
Todd became bored and fidgety after the first twenty minutes,
so we started taking turns drawing something in the room 
while the other tried to guess the object.
Todd enjoyed the concert a lot more once we started doodling;
I'll have to remember that for next year.


All of the musical groups performed well,
but I think the Unitarian ukulele band was my favorite.
Especially since they brought a big, stuffed hippo as a prop 
for their performance of "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas."

Also, I thought I knew how to spell hippopotamus and ukulele,
but spell check just informed me that I actually don't.
I tried to fix hippopotamus three times, then gave up and let spell check do it.

No comments: