Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Be Independent--Bring Your Own Dessert

Our family celebrated Independence Day
by attending a fireworks display in Lowell last night.


We decided to buy a couple mini pies to share for dessert,
but the line was moving at a snail's pace,
so I told Daddy and the kids to go find a good spot to watch the fireworks
while I waited in line for the pies.


By the time I reached the bridge where everyone was watching the show,
it was in full swing and I wondered if I'd even be able to spot my family in the crowd.


We eventually found each other . . .


. . . and Joy handed me a banana slathered in Reddi Whip and chocolate syrup.
It tasted better than of the pies I bought, and cost a tenth what I paid for either of them.
Lesson learned: Let's just bring our own dessert next time!


After the big finale, we headed back to the parking garage,
pulled out of our parking space, and waited for about 20 minutes
before the cars ahead of us even started moving.


By the time we left, the kids were all fast asleep in the back of the van.
Three cheers for life, liberty, and a beanie that can double as a sleep mask!

No comments: