Sunday, March 12, 2023

Sunday with Red Grandma

I stayed at Red Grandma's house after her birthday party last night . . .


. . . then we went to church together this morning.
Most ward members have aged a lot since the last time I saw them
(and I suppose I have too) . . .


. . . but my dad's truck still looks pretty much the same.
He sold his work truck to a friend before he and Red Grandma left on their mission to Georgia,
and it was fun to see that familiar white pickup in the church parking lot today.
It even has the same license plate, with all of the "lucky 8s" on it.


After church, we went back to Mom's house for a family brunch
(somehow, the only picture I took was of Joe showing off the fancy socks
Joy bought for her dad and uncles at Christmastime),
then Mom and I took Aunt Lisa to the airport . . .


. . . and paid a visit to the Yorba Linda Temple construction site on our way home.
There's not much to see there at the moment . . .


. . . except the steeple of the old chapel the Church tore down
so we can build something even better in the coming years.


The last thing on our agenda was a walk to Mom's neighbor's house
so she could show me his fun topiaries.
They remind Mom of one of her favorite picture books:


"The Night Gardener"

No comments: