Saturday, January 21, 2023

Winter Sights

I don't like being cold at all, but I have to admit . . .


. . . I love the sights of snowy days.
It's fun to watch my kids catch snowflakes on their tongues . . .


. . . and see my neighborhood turned into a scene from a Christmas card.
On a recent drive to choir practice, Daniel called the snowy view "picturesque."
You know a landscape is beautiful when an 8th-grade boy
starts waxing poetic about it.


I doubt our boxwood bush is a fan of wet heavy snow
that weighs down its branches and makes it look like some giant stepped on it
(don't worry--it will bounce back after the snow melts in a few days) . . .


. . . but my rosemary plant seems pretty happy inside where it's warm.
In fact, it's so cozy that it recently started blooming.
Since the days are short but the temperature is mild in our kitchen, 
the plant probably thinks spring has arrived two months early.

No comments: