Thursday, January 5, 2023

A Happy New Year

We're almost a week into 2023.
I hope your new year is off to a great start!


As we considered what to do for New Year's Eve,
the kids suggested that we have our traditional Christmas Eve program
(since we were out of town on December 24).
At first a Christmas/New Year mashup sounded a little odd to me,
but it was actually really lovely to carry the joy and inspiration of Christmas
right through to the end of the year.


New Year's Day was a Sunday, and the kids got 2023 off to a rousing start
playing "Fishy, Fishy, Cross My Ocean" with the missionaries after church.
I'm grateful for the truths we learn at church,
but also for the friends and fun we find there.


This year, Anna is finally old enough to participate in temple baptisms.
She was really excited to do temple work for our deceased relatives,
so I booked the first January baptism appointment I could schedule for our family.
Anna loved the peace and beauty she experienced in the temple tonight.

No comments: