Sunday, January 30, 2022

The Frozen Flood

 A couple nights ago . . .


. . . I snapped a picture of our backyard with lots of cute little squirrel tracks in the snow . . .


. . . because I knew they were going to be buried the next day when a nor'easter dumped two feet of snow on us.


For some reason, seeing that thick blanket of snow on our deck was a little unsettling for me.  Maybe I felt claustrophobic because it would be hard to wade through all of that snow if we wanted to get out of our house.  Or maybe part of my brain thought, "There's two feet of water outside our door--isn't that technically a flood?"


Of course, there was nothing to actually worry about.  The snow stayed put until Daddy fired up our snowblower this morning and made his own little blizzard clearing our driveway.


Then he came back inside for some cocoa and a game of One Deck Dungeon. :)

No comments: