Monday, May 27, 2019

Swimming (or Not)

The weather was sunny and warm today, so the kids put on their new swimsuits . . . 


. . . and headed out to the pool!


Todd hasn't had any swim lessons yet, so he spends all of his time sitting or standing on the steps.  He's OK with that (I think he takes after me--I like cooling my feet in the water, but that's about it).  I'll probably enroll him in swim lessons at some point because that's a good skill to have, but neither he nor I feel driven to rush that process.


On the other hand, Anna wants to play in the water with the big kids, but swimming makes her very nervous.  She took swimming lessons last summer, and had JUST BARELY overcome her fear and learned to (awkwardly) swim when summer ended and we quit going to the pool.  She has forgotten most of what she learned, but Joy is trying to help her revive her latent skills.  They made a little progress, but agreed that we should probably buy a pool noodle from the dollar store so Anna can swim (and practice kicking) more easily.


Good idea, Joy!

No comments: