Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Herb Garden and a New Tennis Class

I'm more sentimental about some things than others.  I like making Christmas magical, and I enjoy the Mother's Day brunch our ward hosts during the last hour of church, but when it comes to presents, I often prefer to pick out my own.  I rarely splurge on things for myself, so when Christmas or my birthday comes along, I'd rather just ask for something I really want than be surprised by something I may not need or use.


Consequently, Phillip wasn't surprised at all when I texted him to say that I'd found some herb plants for sale at Trader Joe's, and I'd like to buy a nice pot for my Mother's Day present.  His reply: "Go for it."  That's one of the many reasons I love him.


When I went out on our balcony to take some pictures of my Mother's Day pot and my new little green friends, Daniel asked if he could be in the picture too.


His little brother soon followed suit.  Oh, that second pot?  I found it on sale at Aldi, and decided to see if I could finally keep a cilantro plant alive in this cooler climate.  Seventh time's a charm, right?


In other news, Joy's tennis coach switched her to a different class for beginners.  She was worried she'd be training with kindergartners, but the other students are all about her age.


The door of the tennis court fence bears this interesting sign.  I'm sure philosophy students could have a lively debate about what the sign actually means.

No comments: