Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Rose Ball and the Temple

Last night, Phillip and I attended our stake's annual Rose Ball.


We enjoyed a lovely evening with live jazz music, ballroom dance instruction, and a remote-controlled balloon shark (which you can just barely see across the room on the far right).


Today some (saintly) friends watched our kids all day while we joined other local church members on a bus ride to the Philadelphia Temple.  It was wonderful to be worshiping and serving in a temple for the first time since the D.C. Temple closed in February, and I received some heavenly guidance about something that I've really been struggling with lately.  I'm so grateful to live in a region and an age where temples are just a few hours away, not a few thousand miles, or nonexistent as they were for so many centuries.  I have much more hope and direction in my life because of the strength and guidance I receive in the temple.

No comments: