Sunday, June 11, 2017

I Love to See the Temple

Phillip and I decided it would be a nice Sabbath family activity . . .


. . . to visit the Washington D.C. Temple's Visitors' Center this afternoon.


Thanks for getting the door for me, Anna. :)


Inside they had a cool cutaway model showing the inside of the beautiful temple.  I am so excited to live within an hour of a temple again!  I've missed the peace and clarity that temple worship brings into my life.


They also had some nifty tablets where the kids could digitally color scripture pictures, and we watched a couple portions of "Meet the Mormons," including a new segment I hadn't seen before.  I always find those bios of incredibly diverse saints really entertaining and inspiring.


After the videos, we walked the lovely temple grounds before heading home.  The sister missionaries at the visitors' center gave Daniel a "junior missionary" badge/sticker.  He really does look like a junior missionary (except for maybe the untucked shirt--we have a few years to work on that).

2 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

I think the DC temple is going to be closed soon for extensive renovations. But it's nice to live next to a temple that's close.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Sad but true--starting in March it will be closed for two whole years, and we'll be making long trips to the Philadelphia Temple instead. We're enjoying the short drive while it lasts.

The good news is that after the D.C. Temple's big renovation there will be an open house and rededication. I'm excited for our kids to be part of that. :)