Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Where the Sidewalk Ends

When I was a kid, I read a book of humorous poetry entitled, "Where the Sidewalk Ends."  I thought the title was an amusing joke, because everyone knows the sidewalk doesn't really end, right?  Even when it reaches a corner, it just turns and keeps on going around the block.


Then we moved to Conway, and I discovered that the sidewalk actually DOES end here.  Rather abruptly, as it turns out.


As a matter of fact, it ends about a half dozen times on the big street near our house.


Sometimes it ends just a few feet after it begins (which is probably why these guys didn't bother walking on it).


The ending sidewalks have made me chuckle over and over during our year here, but I didn't get around to photographing them for a post until this morning.  I guess this is a fitting post to write as our sojourn here is coming to an end.  Later this week, Phillip and I will head off on a house hunting trip in the Baltimore area, then it's goodbye Arkansas, hello Maryland!  Wish us luck!

No comments: