Saturday, May 6, 2017

Seeing Bunnies at Toad Suck Daze

The girls had such a great time at Toad Suck Daze yesterday that they asked to come back again this afternoon (Daniel opted to stay home with Daddy).


Anna and I really enjoyed watching Joy race a toad yesterday, so we both wanted to race one today.  Joy raced one toad while Anna and I teamed up to race another (which Anna christened "Hoppy" because it sounds like "happy").  Hoppy actually won the race, and Anna got a blue ribbon.


Joy was still bummed that she missed out on the Ferris Wheel yesterday, so she offered to pay for her own ticket if I would buy a Kona Ice for us all to share.  Done deal.  Anna offered to pay for her own ticket, too, and the sisters shared a fun ride.


Our last stop was a petting zoo on the way back to our van.  The girls got to feed and hold chickens, bunnies, sheep, and goats.  One child tried to pick up one of the pot-bellied pigs, but it squealed so loudly that she put it right back down.  Note to self: Bunnies are for snuggling, pigs are for petting.


Speaking of bunnies, all the animals at the petting zoo were for sale, and when it was time to leave the girls begged me to buy a rabbit.  Don't get me wrong, I'd actually like to have a pet rabbit.  They're cute, cuddly, and they would do a much more effective job of "composting" veggie kitchen scraps than I've ever managed.  Timing is everything though, and I explained to the girls that three weeks before we move out of state to a possibly yardless rental isn't the best time to buy a pet.  Maybe in a couple of years.

No comments: