Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Beach in November

The weather was unusually warm today, so we headed to . . .


. . . the beach.  In November.  I know it sounds crazy, but if you want to avoid the crowds, a warm day in late November is a great time to head to the So Cal coast.  It was pretty much just us, a bunch of dedicated surfers, and some seagulls at the beach today.


We had a great time playing in the waves, looking for shells (Joy found a sand dollar) . . .


. . . digging in the sand . . .


. . . building a sand castle . . .


. . . and going for strolls with Daddy.


3 comments:

LiminalDragonne said...

Wow! Lucky Joy! It's been so long since I've seen seashells on the beach that I've nearly forgotten what it was like to go hunting. Well done, her!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Do the beaches get picked clean in Hawaii?

LiminalDragonne said...

I don't think I've seen any shells on the beaches here. Of course, we're usually at fairly populated ones, so that might be the case. But even as an adult at several beaches in Southern California, I didn't see nearly as many shells as I did when I was kid.