Saturday, November 21, 2015

Fall Sing: Be the Change

This morning we attended the annual Fall Sing at the big kids' school.


I love hearing the whole school perform together, and it's extra fun knowing that many of the kids (including Joy) helped paint the backdrop and the giant leaves hanging from the balcony.


Joy is in the center of this shot, wearing a red shirt with a big white paw print.  Each grade was asked to dress in a different color so they would look like a rainbow in the performance.


Here's Daniel in his white Sunday shirt.  This year's theme was about being a force for good in the world, and the song choices ranged from Civil Rights movement songs to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror."  My favorite number was "We Are the World," a single produced in the 1980s to benefit millions of starving people in Africa.  Joy and Daniel have been singing it around our home for weeks.  I love that they get so into this annual performance, and like singing the songs together.


Anna didn't sing along with her sibs this morning, but she sure looked cute and happy.  I'm kind of sad to think that if Phillip gets a new job far away and we need to move, our younger kids won't ever participate in the Fall Sing.  I'm sure there will be plenty of things to love about our new home, though, wherever that ends up being.

2 comments:

LiminalDragonne said...

I hope you end up somewhere you love. Of course, I would love it if you ended up here, but I'm the first to admit that cost of living can be quite a challenge. It's a great place to raise kids, though! :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Eh, I'm used to high cost of living. I live near L.A.

I don't think Hawaii is one of our more likely options, but it sure would be fun to be neighbors with you guys. :)