Sunday, August 2, 2015

Caftans and Casseroles

A couple of friends from church hosted a "Caftans and Casseroles" sixties-themed retreat at a cabin this weekend.


They sewed caftans for all the attendees . . .


. . . and teased our hair up in fab styles.


It was one hip party, let me tell you.


This morning we played a version of Taboo using dozens of things from 1960s pop culture (many of which I'd never heard of before, because I barely caught the end of the 1970s).  Fortunately, there were three rounds (each with slightly different rules) and we used the same terms each round, so by the last one I was able to keep up with the more experienced players (it helps that I majored in lightning rounds).


And, at some point, Tina's hairpiece ended up on the wooden dear above the mantle.  Groovy, Baby.

2 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

Your earrings look like beauty pirate earrings. :)

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Ha! Don't they, though?