Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Two Tuffets, a Spider, and a Monkey

Anna likes to watch nursery rhyme videos on Starfall.com, and lately she particularly enjoys Miss Muffet.  She has even taken to acting out the story.


Since we lack a tuffet and a spider, she makes do with our rocking footrest and an inflatable monkey.


Run away!


Inspired either by Starfall or Anna (or both), Joy decided to act out the story with her toy Creeper.  She even made him a tuffet . . . 


. . . and a (very friendly-looking) spider.


Creep away!

4 comments:

Siobhan said...

My boys are big fans of nursery rhyme videos, too. We let them watch on YouTube Kids and have discovered so many different versions of the same nursery rhyme. Liam's favorite was always Wheels on the Bus. Ewan is currently into Old MacDonald and the Farmer in the Dell. It's amazing how familiar you can get with different production companies. We've got Mother Goose Club, Bounce Patrol, Super Simple Songs, and for some reason, the perennial favorite, Chu Chu TV. Half of the nursery rhymes we hear on that one, we've never heard before! I think they're made in either England or India. Kind of fun. I like that Anna acts them out!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I've never heard of YouTube Kids. I'll have to check that out. I bet Anna would love it. :)

Siobhan said...

Our boys do! I don't like that it has "ads," but at least the ads are usually for some programming or other. For instance, there's one for Super Simple Songs. But most of the time there is an option to skip them after 5 seconds. We've taught the boys to say, "Boo ads! Skip that ad!" So hopefully that sinks in. :) Otherwise, I think it's great! I think Anna will really dig it.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

"Boo ads!" Amen, sister! The greatest blessing of having no television is that my kids have seen very few commercials telling them they would be deliriously happy if they persuaded me to buy a product they hadn't even heard of five minutes earlier.