Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Cali Drifts and the Creeper Vac

A couple random pictures for your enjoyment:


Joy has decided that she wants to make a robot Creeper (a character from the video game Minecraft).  This morning she made a paper prototype of her idea; she hopes to one day build a metal version with vacuums in its feet that will clean our floor.  I agree that that would, indeed, be awesome, but when she asked for my input on what kind of metal to buy I deferred to Daddy the engineer.  I suspect that the Creeper Vac project won't get much further than the paper prototype above, but Joy has proven me wrong before.


In other news, this is the Southern California equivalent of a snowdrift.  These dried palm fronds blew down off the trees in a recent windstorm, and the city has heaped them all together pending removal sometime soon.  I hope they won't wait long, because parking is scarce enough without a pile of palm fronds taking up two car-lengths worth of curb.

No comments: