Monday, June 8, 2015

Planes for Sale

Joy recently launched a new money-making venture selling . . .


. . . paper airplanes.  When she told me her plan, I was doubtful that anyone would pay good money for a paper airplane they could easily fold themselves, but I did my best to support her.  I gave her some paper, she looked up a paper airplane tutorial online and folded a few planes, then I hauled the card table and a chair out to the corner and she made a sign telling people what she was selling.


I'll be danged if she didn't make a couple dollars the first day, and about twenty dollars since then.  She charges fifty cents per plane, and then upsells people by offering flight instructions for an extra quarter, and decorating their plane for an additional quarter.  Most people buy the whole package.  Sometimes Daniel sits at the table keeping Joy company, and she gives him a dollar of her earnings that day.  I don't know where this girl got her business skills, 'cuz it sure wasn't from her parents.  Maybe from her Papa?

No comments: