Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cousin Eric's 40th

My cousin Eric was in town this week . . .


. . . and our extended family gathered today for a BBQ to celebrate his 40th birthday.


Dessert was a Mother Lode cake from Claim Jumper.  It was delicious.  And enormous.


Most of the photos I took were candid and pretty random.  I post them partly because I think Cousin Rachel will enjoy them from afar . . .


. . . and partly because it makes me happy to get together with my family, and I want to remember this event (even though I had to leave in the middle of it to buy Todd some food at the grocery store because he was hungry, tired, and not at ALL interested in eating a burger).

2 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

You're right -- I loved the photos. Thanks so much for posting them. That was so sweet of you.

I knew Aunt Lisa was there, but I didn't know Katherine made it. Man...living so far away stinks sometimes.

I've never had the mother load cake from Claim Jumper!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I thought of you often at that party. Wish you could have been there.