Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving the Second


My family gathered at Aunt Breta's to celebrate Thanksgiving this afternoon.


Daniel quickly discovered that the house's floor plan allowed him to run laps through the kitchen, family rooms, and dining room.  He thought that was pretty awesome.


Generations 1 and 2 (plus the Mulroneys) dined inside . . .


. . . while Generations 3 and 4 dined al fresco (the kids were at a card table nearby, but showed little interest in the feast; their loss).  It's funny--I'm always experimenting in the kitchen at home because I love to try new recipes, but there was something immensely comforting about eating the same beloved Thanksgiving recipes my family has been making since I was a child.


I'm so very grateful for my family, the abundance we enjoy, and the Gospel to guide us.

No comments: