Sunday, February 26, 2012

Modern Fun and Games

While we love good, old-fashioned games like Duck, Duck, Goose and Hide & Seek, we also enjoyed some 21st Century fun today.

This morning, Joy and I took turns taking extreme close-up pictures of things around the house, then guessing what the other person had photographed. Subjects included . . .

. . . our scooter . . .

. . . Anna's swing . . .

. . . and the piano.

Daniel also had fun playing with Papa's iPad this evening. Good techie times.

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

This reminds me of the conversations Mikey and I often have about wanting to limit Liam's access to things with screens but understanding that his world is going to be filled with technology in a way ours (particularly mine) never was and as such, we should probably prepare him for it. I suppose things will work out organically...

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I feel the same way, on all counts. I want our kids to know how to interact with the gizmos that will just be part of living in this century, but I don't want them to become dependent on them for entertainment and intellectual stimulation.

There's something to be said for interacting with real people, appreciating the beautiful world around you, and making something real with your hands. We're still trying to find a good balance, kind of figuring it out as we go along.