Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fiery Furnace and Windows

On our last day in Arches . . .

. . . some of our group went for a hike in the Fiery Furnace. I stayed back at camp with the kids, since the Furnace is a labyrinth of stone and we didn't want any of the bambinos to get lost.

Phillip said the Furnace hike was his favorite part of the trip because he loved clambering around on the rocks.

My brother Andrew drove down for the day, and joined them on the hike; it's always great to see him.

In the afternoon my parents watched the kids while Phillip and I went on a date to the Windows. After doing so many activities at the speed of toddlers, we enjoyed hiking around together at our own pace. I sure love my sweetheart.

Here Phillip puts the South Window Arch in perspective. The Windows were impressive, but he still prefers his Mac. :)

We've had a great time at Arches, but we're getting worn out and it's time to head home.

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

Yea! Drew made it! Love the rocks. It makes me miss Joshua Tree

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I miss Joshua Tree, too. Haven't been in years, but I want to plan a trip sometime soon. The kids would love climbing around on the rocks (and the grown-ups would, too:).