Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spice Art

We're housesitting for my parents this week, and this afternoon I found myself thinking, "Hmmm. My toddler has been playing quietly in the next room for some time now. I wonder what she is doing?" When such thoughts cross your mind, you can virtually guarantee that there is a mess in your immediate future.

As I approached the kitchen where Joy was playing, I noticed a pleasantly pungent spicy aroma. When I rounded the corner, I discovered that Joy . . .

. . . had raided Grandma's spice cabinet . . .

. . . and dumped the entire contents of seven or eight jars on the floor so she could make spice art. Meanwhile, she served her bear a delectable repast of cream of tarter with green sprinkles.

Here's a closeup of Joy's handiwork.

Does it diminish the impact of parental discipline if I take lots of pictures of a mess before I lecture about how wrong it was to make it? Yes, probably. Will that stop me from doing it again in the future? Not likely.

2 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

That is hilarious!

Serena said...

I love it! I am one those parents where i have extra stuff like that so they can do art with it. haha