Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Bells are Ringing

I love the holidays - the family time, the fun, the food . . .

We had our annual music fest with Phillip's mom and sisters, singing carols . . .

. . . and enjoying the percussion trio.

Our visit with my relatives was a little crazy so I didn't manage to get any pictures. Joy received a baby doll from Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa, and though she hasn't been very interested in dolls in the past, the arrival of her baby brother has apparently increased their appeal. Joy loves feeding her baby doll a bottle (and occasionally giving him some play-food pancakes, too--cuz who doesn't love French fry and ice cream pancakes?).

After Christmas dinner we headed up to my parents' cabin. It was cold up there (we even saw a little snow left over from a recent storm), so I decided to make Daniel a hat with one of the Knifty Knitter looms I recently bought. I tried it on him at one point to gauge how many more rows I needed to knit, and it made him look remarkably like a crown roast.

Here's the finished product. "Uh, Mama, I think you made it a little too tall."

"That's OK, Buddy--you'll grow into it."

The holiday season wouldn't be complete without a birthday party for Daddy. Here he is blowing out a candle atop his birthday apple crisp. Mmmmm.

Joy preferred bright red peppermint cupcakes for her birthday. And of course, everything tastes better when you're wearing spiffy headgear with a pompom on top of it.

Happy birthday, Joy and Daddy.

And happy birthday to the Savior, Who gives us meaning in life and hope for eternity. We hope you all had an inspiring, wonderful Christmas.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

The hats look awesome. I am very impressed. I think I might go get myself one of those "knitters" tomorrow. Looks like you had a fun (and full) Christmas with lost of family. That's the best kind!

Caitlin said...

I meant "lots", not lost. Oops.

Serena said...

HOw fun, we miss doing music with the family too. Lauren has learned how to do the bells at achievment day, and has learned some piano, chris has learned piano, and sofia is practicing on the recorder. We missed you guys.