Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Boutique

Suzette from church organized a boutique this evening. She is a consultant for Modbe Clothing, and she invited anyone else with wares to peddle to come share.


Here I am modeling one of the Modbe suits. And if you believe that, I have oceanfront property in Montana to sell you.


Gina brought her vast inventory of Tickled Pink hair bows.

Here's Sarah's menagerie of stuffed animals.


And here's my humble contribution. I've been meaning to organize my favorite recipes into a cookbook for some time, and this boutique was the motivation I needed to finally get 70+ of them typed up and bound. It's nice to have them all in one book, and the spiral binding is a heck of a lot more user friendly than the 3-ring binder I was using before. In short, I'm a satisfied customer. Hopefully everyone else who bought one is, too. :)

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love the Modbe bathing suits. I am not a huge fan of wearing bathing suits, or even swimming for that matter. But as my SIL pointed out, a good mom will be out playing with her kids at the beach or the pool no matter how self conscience she may feel. I got a Modbe suit 2 summers ago and I feel that it hides a lot more than a traditional one piece. The ruching on the belly is awesome and the leg opening is low. I also wore it when I was prego. OK, that's my plug of Modbe. So have you included any of your recipes from the blog in your book?

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Yup - everything from the penne to the pizza to the pumpkin cookies.

Interesting that you're such a fan of Modbe. I'd never heard of them until Suzette became a consultant.

Natalie said...

So how much is the oceanfront property in Montana? =)

I need a new bathing suit. I've still got the one I bought over 7 years ago and it's not in very good shape.

Nicole Shelby said...

i'm interested in one of your cookbooks! let me know how much...

as for modbe...i'm not a fan. their clothing isn't the highest quality, it pills really quickly...plus they are competitors for jodi's business!

and even though i am partial (because jodi is my sister), jocole shirts are the absolute best i've found. she's ridiculous stringent on quality control. the fit is awesome. the wear is amazing. and i'm still wearing all my jocole shirts at the end of my pregnancy! she thinks i'm kidding, but i probably wear a jocole shirt everyday of my life.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The cookbooks are $5, plus any shipping costs.

I definitely need to check out Jodi's inventory. I could use a new shirt. Or two or three.

Jodi Jean said...

hehe, i agree with nicole about modbe. but i don't know about their bathing suits, i've never tried 'em, but my mom just purchased one. i was also disappointed with the quality of the modbe shirts, i had to buy 2 different sizes for 2 different styles i bought, WEIRD.

right now my website says i have no shirts in stock, but it's a lie. i'm having problems with my inventory tracker and it was easier to say out of stock of everything than having to email customers and saying "we are out of stock of this, but not that". hopefully it gets worked out soon. if you want something just let me know. and as always, FREE SHIPPING!!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

I wondered why everything was "out of stock." I thought perhaps you were on maternity leave. :)