Saturday, April 12, 2008

Parrots, Pools, and Hammocks - Oh My!

We headed out to visit my parents and sister today. With the exception of Joy's soggy face-to-faucet encounter with a sprinkler (no pics of that, which is just as well for all concerned), most of the day was relaxing and fun.

The fam needed more food for their parrot, Turbo, so we paid a visit to Omar's Exotic Birds. The store has a dozen or so hanging perches with a variety of parrots on them, and you can handle any of these birds that you dare to (MOST of them are friendly, but a few will nip you). We let Joy pet one of the more docile ones, a black-headed caique (pronounced "kie-EEK").
After that, we went to Borders and I spent part of my treasured gift card on one of the Klutz thumbprint doodle books (the animal one, specifically). Joy's a little young for it yet, but I think it will be fun when she's older. My mom bought two cookbooks with ideas for making food look fun for kids (arranging pizza toppings to look like faces, making sailboat sandwiches with slices of cheese for the sails, etc.). I may just have to borrow those books at some point . . .

Back at the house, Joy cooled off by dabbling her feet in the pool . . .

. . . then she relaxed in the hammock a while. You gotta love lazy Saturdays.

6 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

looks like a fun filled relaxing saturday!

Shelly said...

Joy is so big now! I can't believe how big she's gotten since we last saw her.

PS. I notices a surprising lack of Andersons in the "friends who blog" section of your page. I propose that you add a "totally awesomest friends in Las Vegas who blog" section so that we may be listed in addition to your exclusionary "friends" list
:)

We LOVE you guys!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Shelly, I have just corrected that egregious oversight. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Nicole Shelby said...

what a wonderful, relaxing day with the grandparents...lucky lucky joy!

Christine said...

It was so great to see you! We missed seeing Joy, it would have been fun to see her now that she's a little older! She is just so cute!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Christine, it was fun to see you and your little guys, too. They're growing up so fast.