Monday, December 17, 2007

Party Time

We didn't quite make it to a certain fire-marshal-defying white elephant party on Friday, but we've still managed to have a pretty wild weekend. Or at least, wild by Hendrickson standards. :)

Saturday evening, a friend held an "Alice In Wonderland" themed birthday party, and asked everyone to either wear creative headgear or consult their local mad hatter about procuring some.

We also played "Pin the Ears on the Cheshire Cat" and sampled cupcakes with "Eat Me" written on them in pink and purple icing. When a dessert demands to be consumed, I'm certainly not going to be the one to disappoint it.

Sunday night we had relatives over for Joy's family birthday party. (Hey, Joy--the party's THAT way.)

We ate a lot, talked a lot, sang the super-extended Sorenson birthday song, then Joy got to celebrate her first year on earth by . . .

. . . finally tasting some chocolate! Woo hoo! Hey--since she's now got the green light to eat peanut butter as well, maybe we'll have to share a Reese's tomorrow, too . . .

7 comments:

Kerri said...

What a hilarious picture of Joy exiting her birthday party! So, I had a friend who was allergic to peanuts, so I have been so paranoid about feeding them to my boys. Tyler didn't have his first taste of the good stuff until he was about 2 1/2 years. I am pretty sure I will hold off with Dylan for almost as much time. I know, I am a bit crazy, but the thought of my boys not being able to eat Reese's Peanut Butter cups just makes me shiver!

Caitlin said...

Happy Birthday Joy! Is it me or are birthdays for children bittersweet to their mothers?

Serena said...

I like the top picture. Cute. It's always fun with family. Have a merry christmas.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Caitlin, when I turned 20 I remember it seemed much more momentous to my mom than it did to me. :)

On the one hand, I love watching Joy grow and learn. On the other hand, I'd like her to stay sweet and innocent forever. I know that's not the point of life, but part of me still wishes.

Christine said...

You guys are so funny. I love how you gave her tiny pieces of the cupcake to eat. When it was Carter's 1st birthday he had a little mini cake and I just put the whole thing in front of him. I guess you guys are more responsible parents. :)

Nicole Shelby said...

What? where's the mess? Where are the smears of sweet indulgence? Looks all sedate and serene at the
hendricksons!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had everyone over for the Birthday party. Glad to see all the pictures. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!