Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

We joined Phillip's family for Christmas Eve this year.

The evening began with a delicious dinner followed by a white elephant game, then we moved on to the traditional Hendrickson Christmas Eve Program. The program included . . .

. . . Laura, Alissa, and Mom playing "Carol of the Bells" on (what else?) brightly colored bells . . .

. . . Nate reading some passages from the scriptures . . .

. . . and an ensemble performance of "Peace, Peace" (we non-instrument playing folk contributed by singing along at one point). Yes, I did sing a song in the program, but no, I don't have a picture of that. If Alissa and Nate send us one, I'll post it (unless I'm making a weird face, in which case I'll just have to leave the performance to your active imaginations).

Joy's favorite part of the evening was probably sampling Grandma's molasses crinkles . . .

. . . or playing "Stick the Post-Its on the Baby." 'Cuz who wouldn't enjoy that?

Happy Hendrickson Christmas!!



************Edit************

For your viewing pleasure, here is the picture of Phillip and me performing "First Christmas Story" by Kelly Crabb.


6 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

Kimberly,

This is Allie Thornbrue again. Thanks for passing the message along to Alissa. She left a comment on my blog but left no e-mail, and she doens't appear to have a blog. Will you please ask her for some contact info?

Thanks!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Sure, I'll pass your request along to her.

Caitlin said...

I am not sure where we got the Christmas Pickle. Maybe my mom got it from your family. I love the post-it-notes on Joy. I can't believe she tolerated all of them on her face. So cute.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

She actually got a big kick out of it. Whenever Grandma pulls out those sticky notes, Joy gets really excited. You just never know what's going to appeal to a baby. :)

Serena said...

Hey, we remember those. We loved going their for christmas eve. Maybe we can try again for next year. (hint)

Nicole Shelby said...

Hey, Hendrickson Family...

your pictures remind me of my childhood...singing carols is one of the strongest memories of our christmas eve's at Grandma and Grandpa Hendrickson's house.

Too much has happened with the varied members of the family to ever reprise those again...but i do remember all of us Hendrickson's packing together into the big room while Grandma played her piano so beautifully. change often carries with it sadness...but it is good that often the beautiful memories are the ones that maintain the greatest clarity.